Tuesday, November 14, 2006



Women's worst foe is mr & mrs credit card.I could be shivering applying for it. A major part of me think its insane but a teeny weeny part of me wants to feel the prestige, the glam, the power of owning one. However, OCBC offering me 2 cards: NTU GOLD card & OCBC Platinum Card...my heart just drop thinking of the damage that could be done to myself morally and financially buuuut its a necessity when time comes. Yeah, can apply debit card wat but debit card applicable when i have the money in hand while this scarry card, it extend my purchasing power w/o money in hand immediately. Of coslah, later i have to pay them back cos no one dat nice to give things for free except Allah of cos. I am not really religiouslah but i always want to remind myself of Allah 24/7. I am kinda shivering filling up the form. I am not sure if i can get it but if dont, not really disappointinglah cos ada blessing mestinya. However, i am kinda sure that i can get it cos i was in NIE-NTU & my anual income exceed 30k oredi. OMG! Dats another surreal thing. I bet we all poor kids that used to live in ghetto or secret society areas find this so new & foreign. Sudden reality check: I need to exercise more responsibility with the lil priviledge that God has granted me. Its scarry but i shall try to suceed in self-control. I really hope Shaiful can help me. Frens too if u think i am going crazy n blind by monetary comfort, PUHLEESSE WARN ME! Let me recite the mantra: Credit cards ONLY for travelling purpose & emergency.

Okay...later we going to be interviewed by ROMM. I still have nude cutex on my manicured n pedicured nails. Thanks to sotong hitam cos my right nails are yellow a bit. Conclusion: Patutlah pompuan Melayu adatnya tak bercutex sebab kita makan pakai tangan n we used lotsa kunyit in our cooking. I read and article by Dewan Islam (i think) dat its ok for women to use cutex but sutle colours dats close to the nail. I am still not comfortable with it during prayers tho they do state that its ok for prayers. Agama Islam is so flexible but i tink its fair enuff that Allah give in to me unreluctantly on my hair n other aurat. But i luv nice nails...not bright coloured nails...this is nude colours n ppl dont really notice it. Sigh...its hard being a good Muslimah in western imperialism.

Btw, Shaiful told me that he is going to ban me fr blogging once we married. Is he going to be the demanding nasty husband later? Pleaselah...i hope he dont turn out as a monster in his over-protectiveness cos it might kill the care-free spirit in me.

No comments: