Friday, May 19, 2006

I dont knoe why i feel tired but i cant wait to meet Sharkylah.
Miss talking n bitching with her.

School was ok tho it kinda frustrated me dat i am not able to get 100% good body language among my Sec 2NA-s and 3E-s. A few of them were like yawning and more interested in teasing their frens (just like me during lectures, probably retribution) while i was in front discussing with the others about language. The Sec 1E-s were fun tho and were very interactive just now. Even Oklis was participating despite his hands busy sketching. I dont knoe how next week going to be when i introduce them to Permainan Tradisional. I hope we can play the game... let them at least have a feel of permainan Galah Panjang. Hopefully, we can organize a carnival permainan tradisional for our cluster by the end of the year. I have not told Fendi abt it cos i want to ensure dat the kids are ok and interested in it. Its probably gonna be a collaborating efforts by the lower sec. Sec 3, i am preparing them for the Penterjemahan Competition. Crash-course. Sec 4s, they gonna be exposed to Permainan Tradisional too but of cos they are not gonna be burden with dat except for their upcoming N-level. I hope to get 100% passes for the sec4s in their N level. Right now, its only 60% and i really hope the 40% gonna be achievable. I think that its so much easier convincing the non-Malays to enjoy Malay Language but the Malays, themselves, this is gonna be my greatest challenge. The creams in Sec 1 and Sec 2, i intend to polish them and Nurshella, she is my main target. Wonder how does she looks like... she really has talent in writing especially comical stuff. She reminds me of Claudia except dat Claudia is Indonesian and has a great detective imagination. I do miss my MGS girls, felt bad not able to teach them but i really hope that they still like Malay. Somehow, i feel like i am betraying the girls but i need to do some justice to my own society especially my own neighbourhood. I wont want the younger malays embarass of their language and culture just cos we had a few bad stigma. I wont want any of my students to be so proud of being a hybrid yet they are just empty on the knowledge of wat they are made up. Told Natasha Banu and Rosziana Bibi to learn a bit of their Indian language too because its just gonna be a waste not to take advantage of their mixed status. The Indons, i think they have very good-vision parents. They can speak Chinese, Bahasa Indon, English, Bahasa Melayu and some of them can even speak, Jawala. I wont want things to almost be extinct like the Malay dialects just cos we have a common language called BM. Frankly, i think dialects are as beautiful as formal languages. Even more beautiful actually.Probably, i am just being too idealistic.

Wish me luck in introducing Permainan Tradisional next wk.

No comments: