Hey how come nobody tag comments of my blog?
Come on u ppl, even if ur comments may b bad but i haf to accept it rite.
At least, i will just b hurt a while and reflect on things plus also work towards bettering myself.
I haf missed a genre in the 20th century music.
WORLD MUSIC=Music from cultures other than those of Western Europe and English-speaking North America, especially popular music from Latin America, Africa, and Asia. (this is the def. fr an online dictionary)
I kinda dont understand the definition much. Ok, the last time i heard world music was at this sorta like WOMAD thingy (i couldnt remember) at Fort Canning. I couldnt comprehend the pop genre garnished w ethnic elements. It made me dizzy and of cos the fav Asean ethinicity in World music are the tablas, gamelan and seruling. Wheneva i hear it, it made me feel like i am in a spinner. Of cos, we left and dats when i found my crooked infatuation. Wait during the DN gig, theres this song (i forgot the title) where they include the beating of this dont knoe wat kinda drums fr Turk...and yeah the recitation of an arabic phrase dat was completely amazing w the 'ngaji' voice.Dat is world music too right since there's ethnic elements in it? Fusion or mixed marriaged. But what about XPDC? This band keep old lyrics and think the joget beat a bit visible tho its more rockish and very fast beat. Why isnt it categorized as one of world music since it still has ethnic flavours via lyric and ori tune? I am confused and i need ppl who wont get pissed easily to explain to my puny brain. I wish the person dat had been helpful will reply my mail. He was nice enuff to explain to me abt his views on rock culture.
Saturday, January 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment